Student Affairs Advising Aides Program
The Student Affairs Advising Aides at Utah State University are managed and funded by Exploratory Advising, located in the Taggart Student Center, Room 304.
Advising Aides are exemplary students chosen to work in various academic departments throughout Student Affairs. They are required to complete continuous training in both university and departmental policies and procedures including advising and leadership skills.
The mission of the USU Student Affairs Advising Aides is to provide a quality experience for the students who serve as Aides in Student Affairs by giving them opportunities to enhance their communication, planning and leadership skills as well as helping them to understand the value of service. Departments within Student Affairs will also be provided with an experienced student to be used as an Aide.
Requirements for Advising Aide
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 during the time working as an Advising Aide
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 total credits each semester working as an Advisor Aide
- Must have at least 30 total earned credits (at least 15 from USU)
- Must commit to work for at least one year
- Must work minimum average of 6-20 hours per week, depending on the total hours allotted to the department
Applications are accepted on Career Aggies when job positions are open